Saturday, November 28, 2009

Leap, year

Fall was always my favorite season but ever since fall morphed into spring, I've pledged allegiance to spring. I went out this morning with the dog into wet, fresh air, reminiscent of spring, and it was gorgeous, really, but also disorienting. While it's very pleasant and I like it, right under that immediate reaction is the knowledge that I shouldn't like it. The Weatherwoman of the Apocalypse would call it "terrifyingly mild." I could see my breath, at least, so I drew an approximate parallel to March. This must be positive: the last two mornings were firmly set in April. Maybe by mid-December we'll arrive in February, and by January everything will line up right.

4 comments:

Kass said...

Weathering the weather is a challenge of late. It IS disorienting. Weather here in Salt Lake City - sunny and bright - hiked all day yesterday.

SarahJane said...

I envy you. It looks like you have such beautiful hiking out there. I went a couple times with the dog around the spongy park.

Jeff said...

Layers, Sarah, think layers...

- J.

Anonymous said...

I saw a quote in the subway, "Every man considers the limits of his vision to be the boundary of the universe." Your observation on the weather makes me think of that. I do like the mild weather, but I'd raher keep the atmosphere. I'll pack a sweater.

Related Posts with Thumbnails