Sunday, March 28, 2010

There is something I've been looking for

I feel such hope whenever I walk into a bookshop.
I call this particular hope “Near Eureka.”
Maybe I’ll find the book I’ve been looking for, the book I need.

I don’t know what it’s called or who wrote it or if it’s paperback or hardbound, or if it’s fiction, poetry, art or non-fiction or a big-format book with instructions for building 16 different paper airplanes.

If only I can be attentive enough, I might find it.
It might let me find it.

And that’s why I need time to deep-browse the bookshop, like a cow at pasture.
And that’s why I may end up reading a lot of books.


song of the day: schlummert ein

2 comments:

Jill said...

I feel exactly the same way. Exactly. It's like a holy grail of sorts.

Kass said...

Oh yes, that describes the addiction perfectly. Schlummert ein was extraordinarily peaceful and beautiful. Lorraine Hunt is awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails