Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I wear fangs and drive a vespa

Yesterday I got up, brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, did my face, walked the dog, made coffee, drank coffee, punched my blackberry, ironed pants, got dressed, got to the door with my bag, my keys and my headache, turned around and sent my boss an email saying I was going back to bed, which I did, dressed, coiffed and caffeinated, taking a moment to remove my boots. Altogether this took about 50 minutes.

That apologetic email would have been the highlight of my day if Weave Magazine hadn’t posted a review of my chapbook. Thank you! Also my olde workshoppee poetess friend Brenda put some nice words about my chap up on her blog. Thanks again!

I feel better today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Manhattan and get island fever. it manifests the same way - once every year or so an overwhelming desire to leave teh 'island' grips me. there's not much else to do than feed the beast.

Tilt Press said...

I just saw this!!! so awesome.

Lisa Nanette Allender said...

Hi SarahJane, You drive a Vespa? For real? They're sooooooo cute!!

SarahJane said...

nah. i don't even drive. the other day there was a subway strike and i took my son's scooter to work. i figured that was my exercise dose for the next couple months.

Related Posts with Thumbnails