Wednesday, March 19, 2008

gelid chambers

Woke up brooding about something that happened at work.
Then there was the whole scene with the raised voices!
My husband snored a bunch so I slept on the couch and it
was cold, but I couldn't be bothered to get another blanket.
If there can be no coconut custard pie in the morning, I said,
at least let me find an acceptance notice in my inbox. And
I did! Eclectica took two poems - "Elegy," which I wrote for
my nana, and "Ghazal of Lost Sleep," which is a recent one.
Thank you 'clectica.

To buoy the mood, I got word my "Jellyfish"
is up at Blood Orange Review today.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Sarah,

; ) Funny account.

Congrats on the acceptances - I think the titles are familiar- maybe from a 10:10 ...Looking forward to the read.

You're right about 30:30 not being as stressful as I had remembered it from before...maybe the 10:10s have hardened us up to it ; )

o

SarahJane said...

Hi Liz,
I'm sure those poems at some point made 10:10 or 30:30 appearances.
hope all's well on the farm.

Related Posts with Thumbnails