Sunday, June 17, 2018

Recent poems

The big event of the weekend was trying to explain to airport security in Spanglish what my one-hole hole puncher was for. Not everyone has a frequent need for confetti. It's an excellent tool that makes the trip back and forth across Europe with me these days.

Otherwise, I've had a flurry of visual found poems published over the past couple days. Mostly from the Misery series but also from other books, including "The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin," a collection of Eudora Welty stories, and Ali Smith's "The Accidental."

Six are in Tupelo Quarterly, three from Misery and three from Ben Franklin.

Two others, "Like the petals of one big scattered flower" and "Honeycomb," are in The Collagist.

I'll have some others out in the near future in Paperbag and Ghost Proposal.



5 comments:

drew said...

Oooh, I love this one!
Such a beautiful blend of poetry and design.

Einlicht said...

Thank you for the poems. I enjoyed them very much!

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah! I'd like to pay for a copy of Homebodies-- but before I ask, your poems are the dream stuff I try to digital paint. Homebodies is my favourite, and basically anything you write with meadows, and mountains are my favourite. They're sensual and prismatic and jammy and have seamless descriptive diffuse-- they're a table of textures in viscous glazed bokeh. They're oil paintings in text. I love it.

Do you still sell Homebodies (or give out copies), and can you point me in the direction of more floral, and meadowy poems you've done? And if so, do you sell those in PDF, or book form?

Thank you, and wish you the best success yet
- Manny O.

Jasmine said...

Nice. :)

Unknown said...

Manny,
Thanks so much for your kind compliment on my poetry. I'm grateful. I have a handful of Homebodies chapbooks left and would be happy to sell you one. Would you mind contacting me in the new year from my new website? It should go up mid/late January.
My most meadowy poem is 'Grassland.' I have other chapbooks but they're out of print, except perhaps for Inksuite, which may still be available from Dancing Girl Press. They are slow to follow through on orders, though. I also have a chapbook that's free online: "In the Voice of a Minor Saint" from Doubleback books: http://www.sundresspublications.com/doubleback/titles.htm

Related Posts with Thumbnails