Sunday, August 27, 2017

Not even someday

You know how there are couple of books in your to-read stack that turn you off every time you look for a new read, despite their long-standing membership there?

As in, every time you see them you think not now, as if it were a mood issue or a simple case of subject, or you wanted a woman writer this time, or something shorter, or something not set in New York or about WWII, so you snub the book again and after a few years of its languishing on the stack you realize it’s more deep-seated than that. 

All the worse when you’ve sampled 5-10 pages of it and then put it back on the pile, pretty much guaranteeing you’re never going to commit. 

These days it seems like my whole to-read stack consists of such books.

3 comments:

drew said...

Yes, I know this state. I'm there now, too. . . .

Jasmine said...

I know this state too. Umberto Eco is strangely doing this to me currently. I am determined to read him, but keep giving up.

Marion said...

LOL! I so get this. At my age, I finally realize I'll never read every book I want to read, so I'm very picky. I give a book about 50 pages, then if I'm not into it, I pick up another or re-read one I love. I've pared down my thousands of books to hundreds by giving many of them to my children and grandchildren, all avid readers, thank God. I just can't part with my best, though. They're my healing companions... Great post! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails