Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Bloodshot Cartography

My poem Bloodshot Cartography is now a blockbuster movie! The generous Dave Bonta of Via Negativa fame is the video artist, with a reading by me.
This poem began with my wondering whether the word 'amazon' had anything to do with 'amaze,' and finding out it doesn't. Mix in a little homesickness, lack of sleep and antipathy for insects, and it's done. The poem was originally published in Crab Creek Review.


Bloodshot Cartography from Dave Bonta on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this blend, Sarah. The video does not distract from the
words although I would like the opportunity to read them also.
Enjoyed the poem, your reading & the visuals.

johanna

SarahJane said...

Thanks for watching!

Kass said...

I LOVE this....belongs as performance art in MOMA!

Related Posts with Thumbnails