Saturday, January 21, 2017

Misery 33

One of the found poems I wrote using Stephen King's Misery, The Wreck, is up at Sixth Finch.

I'm still working on this project, but am thinking of moving on soon, maybe to another book. A motivating factor behind Misery was I had to do it - it was my assignment as part of a larger group. I worry that if I choose the book, I might give up too easily when I hit a rough spot.

So far I've done about 40 Misery poems, half of which are worth submitting. Five of those have already been accepted somewhere.
 
I'd like to use thread a bit more, though I've got collage material out the wazoo. 

And every day the paper boy brings more. 

4 comments:

S. Thomas Summers said...

Most excellent. I've never seen a found poem presented as such. Thanks, Sarah.

SarahJane said...

Thanks for reading, Scott!

J. Marcus Weekley said...

Sarah, been reading your blog, which I found after reading your awesome work at The Collagist, and happened upon your statement: “And every day the paper boy brings more.” The statement is suggestive enough to allow many flights of fancy and physical enough to be motivational. May I please use it to create a series of works (collages? poems? don't know yet...), citing you as the originator of the statement, of course.

If you're interested, here's a link to some of my visual work: www.whynottryitagain.wixsite.com/photo
And, if you're interested, you can find some of my written work by googling me:
J. Marcus Weekley

Thank you for making such intriguing work!
Marcus

Unknown said...

Hi Marcus - I don't remember where I said that since I don't think The Collagist uses bios. The phrase, though, is not mine. It's from a Pink Floyd song. If I used it and didn't attribute it it's because it's so well known, at least to people my age!

Related Posts with Thumbnails