Saturday, August 25, 2012

Akimbo

I have two poems up at A Clean, Well-Lighted Place. The first is "Thrall," a poem that languished in my unfinished file for a long time. To end it, I changed the word in the first line that was irksome and replaced it with "thrall," and made that the title.

The second is "Bud," which in contrast is a poem I wrote quickly and was happy with early on. I  was glad, too, because I'm not really known for nature poems. OK, I'm not really known. Useful expression, though, and democratic, and as fitting for an artist known for her brush stroke as for a neighbor known for his philandering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I beg to differ about your being "known", though
modest. We are many in your "thrall".

johanna

Kathleen said...

I love these poems and also hearing a bit about your process!

Related Posts with Thumbnails