Saturday, August 27, 2011

roll another number

in which I discover myself alone in the house, without family or even dog

in which I play a Neil Young CD without the adulteration of European opinion

in which I put my pajamas and kimono on at 6 pm because I do not have to walk the dog later tonight or in the morning

in which I eat slices of Stilton cheese for dinner, and red chard and rucola salad with baby tomatoes, followed by an imaginary cigar

in which I look up the word ‘breviary’

in which a fruit fly drives me crazy and I fight bravely and lose

in which it gets dark outside, and not gradually

in which I call to wish my step-mother happy birthday and apologize that I am the sole messenger, at which expresses her envy

song of the day: mellow my mind

2 comments:

Andrew Shields said...

Get yourself this book:

http://www.perlentaucher.de/buch/11182.html

Jasmine said...

I've come to your blog after a few days.
Fights with the fruit flies!
:)
How charming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails