Thursday, December 16, 2010

snooze button


I find the best time for a nice nap is as soon as you wake up. You’re dressed for it, and often it’s still dark out. When I wake up, first thing I notice is how big my head is in relation to my body, like a crazy toddler, and in danger of toppling. My pillow makes a good table for it. Legless at this hour, like everything. Also my heavy are eyes. My sore throats. Sleep is heartbreakingly desirous of me. It finds me very attractive. But I am being brown-dogged by a kiss.

3 comments:

Jim Murdoch said...

It never ceases to amaze me how tired I can be when I wake up and often the longer I've slept the worse I am. Sleep puzzles the hell out of me. You'd think by my age I'd have gotten the hang of it.

ron hardy said...

I love this Sarah. It would make Merleau-Ponty laugh and maybe sigh too. Oh-oh. I feel a bout of synesthesia coming on. A sneeze wants my attention.

Kass said...

Wish I could be tired enough to sleep more.

This makes me want to chuckle and be jealous.

Related Posts with Thumbnails