Friday, May 22, 2009

Is he strong? Listen bud,

Yesterday I read 150+ pages of The Crimson Petal: 361 pages to go.

Yesterday I home-made tomato sauce; today it’s hamburgers.

Yesterday I was killing myself in increments; today “go forth and prosper.”

It should be warm and puny today but now it’s damp and mismanaged; Yesterday it was cramped and overcast. I took a shower. This is an advertisement for rain.

I’m not eating my Wheaties, loving my neighbor, taking out disability insurance; time is money.

I got up around 7 am yesterday; today it was 5.30. Yesterday was a holiday.

I politely asked Carlo to roll onto his side last night when he was snoring and my effort was a great success; today who knows.

I hate tv; tv hates me.

Carlo is taking Luisa to an opera tonight; Miles and I are watching Spiderman. He’s got radioactive blood.

The insects will outlive everyone.

5 comments:

LKD said...

What opera?

SarahJane said...

Lucia di Lammermoor.

Ron. said...

You made tomato sauce on Thursday, and on Friday it was hamburgers? What kind of fridge you got there, lady?

Plus, I have it on good authority that TV does NOT hate you; wants you to come back to the dark side. Walk toward the light, SarahJane, walk toward the light...

LKD said...

Lucia de Lammermoor?

Geez, that'd make a great name for a scruffy little terrierish mutt.

I can almost picture myself calling out the back door:

Lucia!

Lucia de Lammermoor!

Come home this instant!

(my word verification is apers which pretty much says it all)

SarahJane said...

Ron. - thursday was a holiday so there was time to stew.
Laurel - yes, it WOULD make a cute pet name. My daughter said the opera itself was "a little boring."

Related Posts with Thumbnails