Friday, February 06, 2009

the past, there you have it

Like many blonde children I was born royal but abducted by envious pygmy bunnies and taken to keep their warren clean. They pecked me, and did not pay well. Still I was able to learn three languages, including bird slang of the western hemisphere. When I got too big the bunnies left me with with the management of Sloat’s Tavern in Scranton, PA in exchange for a purse of chocolate coins wrapped in tinfoil. The man who became my father swept up the tavern. He was a music critic who hated the phrase “head cheese” and his parents were bartenders beset by moods. My greatgrandfather was a tap-dancing Dane who died of typhoid fever while doing the vaudeville circuit. He introduced yoga to the US. but they hid this fact from me, thinking I’d be too full of myself to continue the flute lessons if I knew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use this blog as a respite from work (software programming) and visit often during the week to get lost in your language. I love how I got lost in figuring the lineage of the real/unreal, adopted (abducted)/natural family.

Thanks for the respite; I was a blonde child (toehead).

Ron. said...

Oh my god! I think we're related!

Anonymous said...

I want to be your friend!

SarahJane said...

sorry for this little yarn. I'm just tiring of my real bio.

DSM III (g.a.e.t.) said...

Funny as shit!

Related Posts with Thumbnails