Tuesday, December 16, 2008

what my boss was doodling at the meeting

He was doodling a nine-paned window with knights' shields in some.
He doodled a long river and added an extra line to help its twisting.
I lost my train of thought. He doodled something like burst chestnuts
or sleigh bells. Three of these. Then there was that deskpiece used
long ago to measure time; in German it's a Sanduhr, but
I couldn't remember the English, which couldn't be Sandclock,
and I'd really lost the thread of the meeting by the time
I remembered the English word and thought through why
it wasn't as good.

2 comments:

Andrew Shields said...

You're right, hourglass is nowhere near as cool as Sanduhr.

Valerie Loveland said...

I doodle during meetings and I always catch people checking out my drawings instead of paying attention.

It isn't a good sign if someone is doodling an hourglass during a meeting.

Related Posts with Thumbnails