Monday, July 21, 2008

ass-dragging

I changed the blog links at left to show when they were last updated, which is a cool feature, but now it seems to take forever for my blog to load. It hardly seems worth it. Think I'm going to have to switch back, cut, paste, cut, paste, cut, paste, blah blah or just blast the damned thing to hell. Has anyone tried the new link system and also found it slow? I also dislike how the links now pop up in a new window. I haven't found the button that stops that.

It's 57 degrees Fahrenheit here today. I'm sure they'll still tell me next month that it was the hottest July on record. Not that I mind. I hate hot weather, probably because I hated wearing shorts as a teenager, and I still do,
and I feel like I'm supposed to
because everyone did
when I was 14.

6 comments:

GrumpyTeacher1 said...

Well I'm not wearing shorts either, even though it's 96 degrees here and I'm not in any air conditioning.

I have a fan though.

I think my very soul has melted.

Valerie Loveland said...

I prefer skirts. My legs are extra short, so actually wearing shorts is a bad idea--they never fit right.

SarahJane said...

They don't do airconditioning in Germany, either, which is another reason to fear very hot weather. Four years ago europe had such a hot summer - already at 6 am it was a struggle getting enough oxygen. That was the summer that about 4,000 elderly people expired closed in in their Paris apartments.
So 57 degress is fine with me.

And did it seem to you the page took a long time to load?

Valerie Loveland said...

Your page did take awhile to load.

Anonymous said...

I don't use blogger anymore, but I recall that the way to change the way it opens in a new window is o change the "target" attributes of the links. The _blank part of it. Back when I used blogger you had to go into the html to do it, but I am sure they have made it easier by now.

I did not notice anything slow, or maybe you've changed something by now?

It was very hot when I was in Germany, we just put up with it I guess. It's hot here too right now and humid, which is awful.

SarahJane said...

thanks, lynn. i have now loved and lost it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails