Sunday, January 07, 2007

bookishwishes

I don't make resolutions but I hope to read more this year. I have all these at home, so the 1st obstacle is cleared. In no particular order, a tidy ten:

1. Housekeeping by Marilyn Robinson (Bought this fall in massachusetts)
2. John Henry Days by Colson Whitehead (Present from brother couple years ago; he’s still waiting for my review)
3. Suite Francaise by Irene Nemirovsky (My mother just left this at my house & loved it)
4. Cotton Mather by Kenneth Silverman (Began this biography last summer and liked it. Don’t know why I stopped. Written by the father of an ex-boyfriend)
5. Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant (Bought this 3-4 yrs ago during my all-about-Lincoln phase)
6. London Fields by Martin Amis (Left by my dad at the house. Started once, and ...?)
7. Galileo’s Daughter by Dava Sobel (gift from my mother some yrs ago, has the potential to stink but will try)
8. The Horse’s Mouth by Joyce Cary (Bought ages ago 2nd hand. Was the favorite book of my religion professor)
9. Life of Pi by Yann Martel (began & abandoned but will try again)
10. The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (Ok, I may be completely unrealistic but I have long wanted to read this)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails